"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."


Friday, January 07, 2005

Where would we be without America?

With each new article from Victor Davis Hanson, I grow more and more convinced that he is one of the most brilliant minds in the world. His latest article aptly points out the hypocrisy behind the world's anti-Americanism. I'm really not going to describe it here, because nothing I could say about this article would do it the justice it deserves.

UPDATE (3:37 P.M.): In another article by VDH, he points out what Americans have accomplished since the collapse of the twin towers over three years ago. Here is the best line of the article, which sums up the true meaning of each and every terrorist attack in Iraq:

"The suicide bombs and explosions that go off daily in Iraq are not proof that Americans are losing the Sunni Triangle, but rather that thousands of secular and religious fascists are desperate not to lose their entire Middle East."

No comments:

Post a Comment