"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."


Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Vision Of George W. Bush

The president's inaugural address was delivered just a short time ago and all I can say about it is wow! Never before have I heard such an ambitious, optimistic speech in my life. The whole speech's theme was centered on freedom and America's role in promoting it both at home and abroad.

Some highlights are the president's declaration that, "our deepest interests and beliefs are now one." This clearly strikes down the old Washington policy of working with dictators as long as they enhance American security. The president made it quite clear that this a false assertion, that America's security interests are best met by the spread of democracy around the world.

The president also correctly pointed out that America has started an "untamed fire of freedom that will reach the darkest corners of the world." This is completely true, and the cause of freedom and democracy is best served with America leading the way.

To gain the true magnitude of the speech everyone will need to hear or read it for themselves, for I am just completely taken aback by the vision and mission that the president laid out today. Words cannot express the admiration, only further cemented by the president's address, that I have for a man who believes so resolutely in the cause of freedom. The president's address today further reminds me of why I fight so hard to defend and support this man who fights so hard for freedom and human justice. President Bush is truly a great president and a great man, and history will reward his courage and vision.

UPDATE (10:21 A.M.) Linked here is the president's address, which I'm still amazed by.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah that's why I skipped school today :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better watch that, Geoff. Skipping school can turn you intoa liberal. :-P

    ReplyDelete