"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."


Sunday, January 16, 2005

Dean For DNC Chair

Howard Dean has promised that if he is elected chairman of the DNC he will not seek the party's nomination in '08. It's almost as if he's putting a gun to the head of the Democrats saying, "Elect me chairman or I'll run! I swear I will, don't make me do it!"

I just hope Democrats lack the sense to reject Dean like they did the first time, for the screaming doctor from Vermont is not going to help the party get out of it's losing streak, he's only going to further the perception (a correct perception) that the party is predominantly northeastern and liberal. A Chairman Dean is good news for Republicans who enjoy being America's majority party.

With that in mind, The Young Conservative now officially endorses Howard Dean to be the next chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

2 comments:

  1. *quickly changes voter registration to democrat*

    I second the nomination! YEEEEEEEEAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

    *even more quickly switches back to republican*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a political cartoon the other day about this. Dean was screaming his infamous "Yeah-h-h-h-h!" at one podium, and an elephant/GOP figure was also yelling "Yeah-h-h-h!" for quite a different reason.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete