"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."


Thursday, January 06, 2005

Some Dem's Want McAuliffe Back As DNC Chair

You'd think that two disastrous elections would cause Democrats to want a new guy leading their party, but not so according to this report. Why any Democrat would want McAuliffe back is beyond me. Not only have Democrats lost every election in his tenure, but he has had every one of his arrogant predictions shot down by reality; i.e. his predictions that Jeb Bush would be defeated in '02, Grey Davis would survive the recall in '03, and most obviously- that John Kerry would defeat President Bush in '04. That coupled with the fact that Mr. McAuliffe is an antagonistic, partisan hack have left me dumbfounded as to why any Democrat would want him to lead their party forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment