"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."


Saturday, December 18, 2004

The Problems of the Left

Victor Davis Hanson sheds some light on why the left has been rejected in America. He is absolutely right, as always, in this article. Until the left stops saying one thing and doing the exact opposite, they will meet further disappointment on election days in the future. Americans aren't going to buy the "do as I say, not as I do" message they are receiving from the left.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree that Americans won't buy the "do as I say, not as I do" message from liberals, but neither will they buy it from us conservatives. I'm primarily referring to federal spending. We can't say that we are for fiscal responsibility and then go out and increase federal spending (I'm not talking about the WoT or OIF). We need to reign in the spenders on our side as well. Otherwise we may find our own party out on the street.

    Just my $0.02 worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. The lack of fiscal discipline has been President Bush's greatest failure so far, and I hope and expect that he and congressional Republicans will rein in the discretionary spending over the next four years.

    ReplyDelete