"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."


Tuesday, May 01, 2012

'Spiking the Football'

Not only is President Obama's OBL ad blatantly hypocritical -- having so righteously stressed the importance of not "spiking the football" after his death -- and absurd (who wouldn't have given the order to take out bin Laden?), but it raises a question that not many will ask and whose answer is obvious: What would be the political fallout if a Republican president had questioned his Democratic opponent in that way? I get a headache just thinking about the hyperventilating outrage about questioned patriotism and using national security for political gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment