"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."


Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Comment Response

Comment-"Thoughts on the Middle East"

Okay, I read your blog and understood every other word (haha j.k) and agreed with what you said. However, if you don't mind I do have a few questions for you:

1. This is just your personal opinion. Honestly, do you feel that this is, or very likely could be, the early rumblings of WWIII? How long can we keep using diplomacy to stall a full force confrontation between the terrorists and those they attack? I think you realize that all the diplomacy in the world will not stop them from eventually attacking again.
2. Why are the terrorists (and Iran, Syria, anywhere that harbors them) against Israel and western civilization as a whole in the first place? Why did they first begin attacking Israel and the U.S.A? What are their motives, desires, etc.?
3. Do you frequently use so many large words in your normal, day to day conversations or only when you are writing and/or speaking on political issues?

Those were just some things I was wondering about and you seem informed enough that I can at least consider your opinon, so I look forward to your response. If it will be a long response and you'd rather respond by email or something let me know, k?

Anonymous:

1. Whether this is the beginning of World War III or not, I don’t know. Someone will have to explain to me more clearly what exactly is meant by the term or characterization "World War III".

I do believe that a confrontation between—individually or in a combination of—Israel, the United States, and the democratic world with nations such as Syria and Iran is probably inevitable. We are already in a full-force confrontation with Islamist terrorism.

As I stated in my post, Iran has cataclysmic ambitions and will very likely spark a confrontation with the West, especially as they continue to feel greater pressure and isolation with the burgeoning democracy growing on their doorstep in Iraq.

I don’t see the value of diplomacy when you are dealing with nations and groups who seek your destruction, as the Islamo-fascist ideology and its adherents seek ours.

2. A lot of their motivation is their fascistic, nihilistic religious outlook. They see Western culture and democracy as a threat or abomination towards that outlook. As the leader and standard bearer of Western culture and democracy, the United States is naturally their target. They clearly desire a medievalist Islamic civilization built upon the ruins of modern western culture.

Israel is the only viable, Western-style democracy in the Middle East at this point, so they are naturally a primary target. Israel is also located on holy land that radical Islamists believe is theirs and that Israel has no right to. These people refuse to recognize Israel’s right to exist after all, and actively promise and seek its destruction. Their anti-Semitism is also a large motivation for their murder.

A more basic reason for their beliefs and actions is that they are, plain and simple, evil; and will employ evil means to reach their ends.

3. Yes, I usually do use such words in most of my conversation, especially in conversations, written or spoken, concerning politics and current events. The level and formality of the conversation generally dictates the level and formality of my verbiage.

I hope my answers are to your satisfaction. If not let me know and I will be glad to elaborate and/or clarify further. Thank you for the questions and for visiting my site. I hope you will do so regularly.

Cracker: I always appreciate the kind words and encouragement. You have been my most loyal reader and friend from the beginning of this site and I am very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment