"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."


Tuesday, April 26, 2005

You Can't Let This One Go

Tonight I read a Boondocks comic that sarcastically commented, "We are thankful that our leader isn't the spoiled son of a powerful politician from a wealthy oil family who is supported by religious fundamentalists, operates through clandestine organizations, has no respect for the democratic electoral process, bombs innocents, and uses war to deny people their civil liberties."

After seeing this, I couldn't help but respond to the idiot liberal that created Boondocks. I'm sure Geoff is happy that I am finally posting on here, but at the same time somewhat regretting it, because I am an Ann Coulter fan and possibly a little more abrasive on certain issues. Take this post as an introduction to me. Luckily this comic got BOTH Geoff and I riled up, producing this response:

- Although our leader may be the spoiled son of a politician, he worked for a great education at Yale just like any other student did. If your family had made tons of money off of oil, you wouldn't mind benefiting from it as well. In fact, you would milk it for all its worth. Think of key figures like Ted Kennedy and John Rockefeller. Now THEY came from spoiled backgrounds.

- In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a religious fundamentalist. Following the Bible and applying it to our country is exactly what our Christian forefathers, the writers of the Constitution, wanted. In America, we acknowledge that God gives us the moral clarity and the ability to recognize and confront evil, unlike other secular regions of the world, such as Europe, which condemn Israel while it’s leaders bow before the casket of Yasser Arafat.

- What secret organization is Bush involved in?

- The democratic electoral process elected President Bush twice. If he didn't respect it, he wouldn't have been re-elected.

- Until you drive an electric car and power your house from solar panels, don't talk to me about bombing innocents. Why can't you recognize the fact that more Iraqis died in Hussein's torture chambers than are dying in Iraq right now? Suicide bombs and terrorists are taking Iraqi lives, not President Bush.

- What civil liberties are being taken away from the war? Our civil liberties aren't being taken away. If they were, do you think people could publish comics such as this? No drafts have been instituted. We haven't taken any liberties away from Iraq. We allowed them to retain their civil liberties under new leadership instead of the oppressive Saddam Hussein.

1 comment:

  1. Excellant site, I found it while tracking the referrals to my own. You have been added to my blog roll.
    You are right on this post. The sarcasm by lib cartoonists who think they are funny (but all they are doing are parroting moveon.org's talking points) has gone beyond annoying.

    ReplyDelete